Education is key for a stable future
Education is both a right in itself, and a means of realizing other human rights.
Finn Church Aid supports local communities in quality education.
To ensure access to quality education, we aim at:
- Providing vocational education especially for women and young people.
- Securing education for children and young people in fragile environments.
- Providing safe and environmentally friendly learning spaces.
- Strengthening the quality of education through out Teachers without Borders Initiative.
Education in emergencies is the key focus of Finn Church Aid’s humanitarian work. We advocate for the right to quality education both locally and internationally.
Ensuring livelihoods with vocational and skills training
Vocational training and skills training aim at ensuring better livelihoods through employment and business creation. The skills we provide are relevant to the local context and linked to market opportunities. Vocational and skills training are targeted particularly for young people and women, and activities have centered in Cambodia, Uganda, Jordan and Nepal.
Services related to education
- FCA creates safe, child-friendly and environmentally friendly learning spaces. We set up temporary learning spaces and build schools, particularly in emergency situations.
- We provide adequate and relevant teaching and learning materials, as well as school equipment.
- Education serves as a platform for additional services such as psychosocial support, child/youth protection, nutrition (community kitchens and school meals, school gardens) and hygiene.
See our Right to Quality Education leaflet (pdf)
See brochure Training for Primary Education Teachers in Crisis Contexts (pdf) and full training pack (pdf).
See Right to Quality Education 2-pager (pdf)