Finn Church Aid respects and protects the privacy of the individuals who visit our website, of our customers and of those who participate in voluntary work or resource mobilization. On this website you can find our data protection principles, terms and conditions of using our website and the description of personal data files.
Data Protection Principles
- We only collect and process personal data that is necessary, and delete any outdated data
- We use the data in our communication, customer service and service delivery
- All personal data is processed in centralized registers at the headquarters in Helsinki
- Relevant personal data is also processed by the persons actively involved in voluntary work or resource mobilization in other locations or in events, where this activity is taking place and where they might collect personal data
- We collect the personal data of those who make a donation to Finn Church Aid and store it in the donors’ register
- We use the data for authorised marketing and targeted marketing
- Our principle is that personal data is not disclosed to a party outside the organization
More detailed information about what data we process and how it is processed, as well as about your rights, is provided in the personal data file descriptions below.
When you visit the Finn Church Aid webpages, your web browser automatically stores cookies onto your hard drive. Cookies can contain text, numbers, dates, location information and other data, but cookies do not store any personal data. A cookie is neither an application, nor does it allow viruses or other malware to enter your computer. Cookies do not harm your computer in any way.
Cookies help us find out the number of visitors to our pages, save selections made on the pages (e.g. language settings), monitor how the page is used (e.g. click streams) and focus and control advertising (e.g. not showing the same ads repeatedly). However, we do not monitor the data of individual visitors, but we store user data, based on behaviour and geographical location, for example.
Cookies help us improve the user experience on our webpages and introduce advertising that the user is interested in. For example, you can see Finn Church Aid’s advertising while visiting other webpages. Cookies enable us to do this.
If you do not wish to have cookies stored on your device, you can prevent their use by changing the settings in your browser.
When you register as a donor or purchase gifts from our webpages, we collect your personal data. We use this data to maintain our donor information, develop our services and to conduct marketing and customer communications. The register only contains the information the donor has provided or that is created based on the donor relationship. In addition, the register can store such information that is formed in connection to the provision or upkeep of the service (for example, donation information, address source or roles). Information in the register is not provided to third parties.
Only persons designated by the controller have the right to access the register. The information is stored in a database, protected by passwords and firewalls.
People have the right to inspect their information in the Finnish Church Aid donor register and request that erroneous information is corrected. The inspection request must be made by contacting the representative of the controller. The inspection is free of charge, once a year.